Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Change Our Boring Page

I love this one. Somehow, garbled though the results are, the 'essence' of the original still manages to shine through.
Rail line that summer afternoon I found the player and then we sleep, very tired from the window until you see the dark to change our boring page and start talking. He said my son I stopped reading the faces of people and how to use their eyes in the card if I do not like and I believe that the ACE taste.'s The whiskey I'll give you some advice.

If you cannot guess which song this is, check the whiteness below.

"The Gambler" as performed by Kenny Rogers
http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=370131385&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=30&start=1

On a warm summer's evening on a train bound for nowhere, I met up with the gambler; we were both too tired to sleep, so we took turns staring out the window at the darkness till boredom overtook us, and he began to speak. He said, "Son, I've made a life out of reading people's faces and knowing what their cards were by the way they held their eyes, so if you don't mind my saying, I can see you're out of aces. For a taste of your whiskey, I'll give you some advice."

No comments:

Post a Comment