Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Father and Mother Did Not Sleep Around

Okay, back from a 'hiatus', as they say. This blog just stumbles on like a car with a flat tire, doesn't it? Anyway, it's 2010. So I'm celebrating by choosing six songs that were #1 hits on Billboard in years ending with zero. Which is easy enough to understand. Anyway, three of them this week and three next.
#1 Come on baby, let us together with screws. Come on baby, let us together with screws. I hope that hand Jomhasigi. Oh, swing, baby, baby, swing. Oh, so. Will continue to be volatile. My father and mother did not sleep around. Yes, my father and my mother not to sleep around. So, we have at home. Bolts forward. Oh yeah, baby, hurry up. Oh, so. Will continue to be volatile.
#2 The rain fell on my head, the man's feet are too big and his bed, apparently not pursued in this area. The rain was falling on my head. They fall. So, I have only two days, so I do not want to do, I'll tell you to sleep at work. The rain was falling on my head. They fall.
#3 The feeling is that Coombs morning. Grabbed my glasses, I my door, I walk to city statistics. Before I go, I was sick, Jack, when you go at night, I do not brush the teeth in the future. Our Spa fingers, toes, contact. All the clothes, clothes, and our efforts. Children, our phone, mobile phones in France. Impairment of goodwill, we are like a CD player, and the efforts of all parties, but also absorbed some views.
Awesomeness is to be found in how the first song suddenly gets to commenting on parents' faithfulness to one another, and also how the third song suddenly gets 'Coombs' through some pop-culture-savvy machine translation. Oh, the answers? In the whiteness below.

#1 "The Twist" by Chubby Checker.
http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyid=1561070&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Come on baby, let's do the twist. Come on baby, let's do the twist. Take me by my little hand and go like this. Oh, twist, baby baby, twist. Oh yes, just like this. Come on, little miss, and do the twist. My daddy is sleeping and mama isn't around. Yes, daddy is sleeping and mama isn't around. We're going to twisty twisty twisty till we turn the house down. Come on and twist. Yes, baby, twist. Oh yes, just like this. Come on, little miss, and do the twist.

#2 "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" by B.J. Thomas.

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=480087645&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=30&start=1

Raindrops keep falling on my head, and just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit. Those raindrops are falling on my head. They keep falling. So I just did myself some talking to the sun, and I said I didn't like the way he got things done, sleeping on the job. Those raindrops are falling on my head. They keep falling.

#3 "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha.
http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=506366570&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=30&start=1

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy. Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm going to hit this city. Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack, because when I leave for the night, I am not coming back. I'm talking pedicure on our toes, toes. Trying on all our clothes, clothes. Boys blowing up our phones, phones. Drop topping, playing our favorite CDs, pulling up to the parties trying to get a little bit tipsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment