Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stinking Hot Weather

A nice easy introduction for us here. The first verse of a famous song, originally English, translated into Danish, then Japanese, then Spanish, then Russian, then Thai and then back to English:
I was a dark desert highway, Colita frigid wind up stinking hot weather. I was far more, see a brighter light, if nature is dark and heavy in head catch on the night. It stood at the door mission bell I heard I think one of the two. "For heaven or hell," she then shining a candle to show me the door. Voice in the back of the room and I thought I heard ...
Amazing how much of the original survived all of these languages intact, isn't it?

The answer is below, hidden in white. Highlight it to read it.

"Hotel California" by the Eagles
written by Don Felder, Don Henley, Glenn Lewis Frey
© RED CLOUD MUSIC; © CASS COUNTY MUSIC; © FINGERS MUSIC

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas rising up through the air. Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light. My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim; I had to stop for the night. There she stood in the doorway; I heard the mission bell, and I was thinking to myself, "this could be heaven or this could be hell." Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way. There were voices down the corridor; I thought I heard them say...

No comments:

Post a Comment